JUMIA’s goal is to build the best online shopping experience to gain customer’s trust; this is why we only sell genuine and original products. JUMIA is abiding by the legal rules related to the Consumer Protection regulations. Therefore, JUMIA will share the repeated cases of the selling counterfeit products to the responsible organization; CPA “Consumer Protection Agency“.
And because we care about the products purchased by our customers, we took some steps to guarantee that no fake products are sold, and we will be applying charges to sellers who display and deliver non genuine products at JUMIA.
Why is selling original products crucial?
- Because it affects your store image, and your store’s credibility for your customers, hence JUMIA’s credibility.
What are fake products?
- They are products which use the same brand logo as the original brand on their designs, or a high copy product even if it is sold at a cheaper price.
How to guarantee not listing fake products?
Avoid being held legally accountable for these cases, as the CPA “Consumer Protection Agency” guarantees customers rights when it comes to purchasing well-known branded goods, and in this case you need to guarantee to be a sole distributor for the brand.
- Do not sell products that look like well-known branded items.
- Do not sell high copy products and brand it using a semi-original name (Example: “Channel” instead of “Chanel” even with cheaper pricing).
- Do not use well-known brands logos on non-genuine products. (Example: “Gucci” brand on a copy product)
- Do not sell high copy products as original products, and let the customer discover that it is not original.
What is the result of selling Fake products on JUMIA?
- 1st Attempt: Fake items will be removed and you incur a penalty of 3,200 EGP If you don’t provide the proof that these items are original within 10 days from the date you were informed of the fake items.
- 2nd Attempt: Fake items will be removed and you incur a penalty of 3,200 EGP If you don’t provide the proof that these items are original within 10 days from the date you were informed of the fake items and your account will be permanently delisted.
- This applies to all vendors “New or Existing”.
- If you have any inquiry or doubt about a product, please send an E-mail to: email@example.com for “Fashion Items” or firstname.lastname@example.org for “Non-Fashion” before creating the product to avoid any penalties.